27 March 2017
Innovation is not a magic sausage machine
Tim Harper takes a look at the recently published "Managing intellectual property and technology transfer" government report and asks why a dozen reviews have failed to lead to changes.
The UK’s House of Commons science and technology committee this month published its report, Managing intellectual property and technology transfer, something that grew out of the initial inquiry about the commercialisation – or lack of it – of graphene.
Focusing on graphene was an excellent starting point, but it…Read More.
27 March 2017
Linda Naylor looks back on 15 years with OUI
Linda Naylor, managing director at Oxford University’s tech transfer office (TTO) Oxford University Innovation (OUI), has seen many interesting changes and ground-breaking technologies in her…
20 March 2017
Big deal: Touchstone helps inject $73m into Cell Medica
Immunotherapy, a treatment that uses the body’s own immune system to fight cancer, is big business – that is as true of the startup world as it is of the R&D departments of established…
- 13 March 2017 – Spinouts benefit from internal seed capital
- 27 February 2017 – University venturing: the view from Cornell – an interview with Alice Li
- 13 February 2017 – The mother of invention? Not exactly.
- 6 February 2017 – Editorial: The future of science in a post-Brexit world
- 30 January 2017 – Big deal: France’s ambitions for Paris-Saclay puts university venturing to the test